Image Map

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meet Jenna


This is me!  I am a fourth grade teacher in Elkhorn, Nebraska (Omaha area) who absolutely LOVES my job!  I also happen to have a passion for fashion!  There are MANY teaching and personal style blogs that I love to read, so I decided to attempt my own blog combining BOTH of my favorite things, and "The Fashionista Teacher" was born in April 2013!  

I have taught fourth grade for three years and before that, taught second grade for two years.  I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education, a K-12 Spanish endorsement, and a Master's degree in Educational Leadership.  

In addition to being a "Fashionista Teacher," I love my family, Jesus Christ, dancing, sushi, my girlfriends, sparkles, polka dots and frappacinos.  I have been married for almost three years to my college sweetheart, and I have a slight obsession with my Maltipoo, Lucy (meet Lucy here).

I hope to be able to share more about the many things I am passionate about through my blog, and would love to hear from you, too!  Become a follower of The Fashionista Teacher on Google or Facebook, or subscribe on the right sidebar for e-mail updates each time a new post is added.  Follow my Pinterest boards or Instagram account for classroom and style inspiration.

What does fashion have to do with teaching?  Find out here.

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back soon!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like we have so much in common - I'm also a teacher with a passion for makeup and fashion! You can find me at LearnWithMinette, but, I'm most active on YouTube! I love your ideas and your posts about your classroom! It's always nice to meet fellow educators in the blogging and vlogging world! Looking foward to keeping in touch with you!!! You are beautiful and loved reading your bio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Minette! I checked out your blog and you have some GREAT ideas to share! I will have to check out your YouTube channel sometime! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy I've found your blog!!! My parents have a white maltipoo named Lucy too! Ahh she is so adorable!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through TwentySomethingTeacher!! Tried to find you on instagram, but the link on your blog doesn't seem to be working! My username is 'livingincolorstyle' - let's connect! I, too, am a teacher fashionista ;)

    xoxo,
    elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog also, and am in love!!! I am a 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teacher and I love fashion too! I also have a maltipoo who is my baby doll and I am totally obsessed with her as well:) Your outfits are darlingggggg. Keep up the good work and enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete