Image Map

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Owl Themed Homework Folders


 I can't believe school starts for teachers in less than three weeks!  SOOOO crazy to think how fast the summer has gone!  I definitely get mixed feelings this time of year, excited for a new year, but not quite ready for the lazy summer days to end.  Anyone else?


Today I want to share two products in my Teachers Pay Teachers store that might be helpful to you as you start thinking about going back to school.  Maybe their cute designs might make this whole "back to school" thing just a little easier!

 The first product you're going to LOVE are my BRAND NEW Organized Weekly Learning (O.W.L.) folder covers.  I use these as the covers for my students' homework folders, by glueing the print-out to the front of a simple white folder, laminating it, and then using a box cutter to open up the inside pockets.  Next, I attach a label with the student's name to the left of the owl graphic.  Finally, I add labels to the inside of the folder for the "LEFT at Home" and "RIGHT Back to School" pockets, as well as labels with a grading scale and teacher contact information.  These REALLY help to keep my fourth graders (and their teacher) organized, and they look adorable!  I have four designs you can choose from, or mix and match like I plan to do!  I definitely think these would be super cute in a non-themed classroom, too!  Find them here on my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

     

    
 
 Secondly, I think every child needs one of these cute postcards on their desk on the first day of school!  Write each student's name in the top left corner, attach a pencil or sweet treat, and your students will be sure to think their new teacher is a "hoot!"  My kiddos loved finding their postcards on their desks last year, and they are great for helping to assign seats that busy first day!  Find them in my TPT store here (minus the name).

 
 I'll be back on Monday for Back to School Fashion Week.  I hope you'll link up your cute back to school ensembles one of the days, or EVERY day next week!  Can't wait to swap ideas!



 post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment