Image Map

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Back to School Fashion Week Day 2

Welcome back to Day 2 of Back to School Fashion Week!  I had so much fun showing you my first back to school look yesterday.  Find that post here in case you missed it! 


In today's post, I'm going to show you 5 different ways to style a simple black maxi skirt for school.  I live in my Loft black maxi, whether it be fall, winter or spring!  If you don't have one, I would definitely recommend adding it to your closet ASAP.  With so many different ways to style a simple black maxi, you can easily get away with wearing yours every week!  Find a similar black maxi here.

Way 1:

As soon as I saw this lace tank from Loft, I knew it would be PERFECT with my black maxi.  Find it here, 50% off for a limited time!  I think I would add a denim jacket or black cardigan over top for school, and then take off the jacket for evening plans.  I love outfits that easily transition from day to night!


Way 2:

A blazer in a bright color or fun pattern is a great way to really dress up a black maxi skirt.  My new Loft necklace is the perfect finishing touch to this ensemble.


Way 3:

If you don't currently own a chambray blouse, invest in one immediately right along with your black maxi.  This is my go-to for shorts, patterned skirts, and is even cute with jeans and an infinity scarf.  I love how cute it looks knotted over maxi skirts, and a statement necklace in a pop of color is a must when pairing these two neutrals together.


Way 4:

I think this might be my favorite look.  A long sleeve tee and cute infinity scarf is the perfect combo for carrying your maxi skirt into cooler, fall weather.  I may even add a skinny gold belt next time I wear this combo. 
  

Way 5:

I wear a denim jacket with my maxi skirts and dresses 75% of the time.  I knew my striped tee with sparkly sequins would be the perfect piece to add some interest to the classic maxi and jean jacket combo.     



Tell me, fashionistas... How do you like to style your maxi skirts for school or a night out?



I hope you're having as much fun as I am this week!  Be sure to link up your outfit ideas on Instagram using #B2SFashionWeek, just like Clarissa did!  By the way, I think it's just fine to base your outfit off of a notebook!  Super cute, girl!  You know I love me some polka dots, whether it be on my outfit or school supplies! :)  Link up your blog posts using the link-up tool below!  See you right back here tomorrow for another fashion-filled post!


post signature


2 comments:

  1. I think way 4 is my fave as well! I pretty much wear my black maxi the exact same way no matter what. Where did you get your chambray? Mine is from Target, but is heavier and looser, making it awesome in the fall/winter not so awesome in warmer weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracie! The chambray I'm wearing in the pic is from Loft (surprise surprise!) but is most likely sold out. Here's the link to a similar light-weight blouse I found on their site: http://www.loft.com/seamed-chambray-softened-shirt/347121?colorExplode=false&skuId=17036139&catid=cat2030034&productPageType=search&defaultColor=1836
      Hope that helps! Great to hear from you again! :-)

      Delete