Image Map

Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday

So I know I've been going a little linky party cray-cray these last few weeks, but I just can't resist a party with a great theme!  When I found out Cara at The First Grade Parade was hosting a Favorite Pins Friday party, I couldn't wait to join in the fun since I just love to pin, pin, pin!


I have decided to share my favorite fashion and teaching pins with you today since most of my blog posts focus on those two categories!  Hope you are "pin"-spired today...Enjoy!

My Favorite Fashion Pins

White peplum, printed pants, statement necklace?  I die every time I see this adorable pin!  Perfect ensemble for a summer party or back to school!

                             
Pinned from Prepaganda


Pretty sure I need these two sweaters, like...yesterday.
  
            
                                       Pinned from Happily Grey                                      Pinned here


And if I'm ever invited to a super fancy party, THIS is what I'll wear! :) 

(Original pin not found)


I LOVE the classic, girly look!  Totally my style!

                    
(Pearls pinned from Modern Hepburn)



I LOVE THIS!  So true!

Repinned from Tumblr


My Favorite Classroom Pins

Remember my First Day Jitters post?  Well, my new friend Brooke at Whooooo's In Second read my post and told me about Jitter Juice, which I had never even heard of!  So, I got on Pinterest, and voila, here it is!  I can't wait to make it on the first day of school to help my students calm their jitters!

 (Personal photo upload)


When I transitioned from teaching second grade to teaching fourth, I had the hardest time managing homework!  Well, I've improved in that area since the switch, but can't wait to give these homework tags a try this year for students who don't use class time wisely.  As you know, parent communication is VERY important when it comes to homework!

Sally Teaches Second on Teachers Pay Teachers


We do a lot of group work in my classroom, so this poster is a PERFECT reminder of group expectations to display for my kiddos!




I can't wait to use these cute treat tags to motivate my students during testing!  

Repinned from Ginger Snaps


I really, really, REALLY want to have a reading fair this year! Seriously, how cute is this?


Pinned from Read. Write. Mom!

Don't you ever wonder how we ever got by before Pinterest?  I really have no idea, especially in the teaching world!  Thanks for stopping by to check out my favorite pins today!  Follow my Pinterest boards here for more classroom and fashion inspiration!  Have an absolutely fabulous weekend, fashionistas!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your fashion pins, and those homework things are great too. I like things that hold the kids (and parents) a little more responsible!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even HEARD about reading fairs before your pin, now I want to do that as a last term family project.

    Mrs. D
    Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fashion pins are great! I need that sparkly sequins dress now...for what I don't know but I want it! So glad I found your blog!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Cara's linky. You are adorable and a girl after my own heart!! You have a new follower in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the printed pants!! So cute! Can't go wrong with peplum either. Great stuff!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that class work print out! I will definitely use that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fashion AND teaching?! I am totally your newest follower. Love all your cute pins!

    Check out my blog if you get a chance :)

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you definitely had me as a follower after I read your "about me". Totally cute!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I am seriously going to borrow that "dress up" quote...that is too cute!! And that gold sequin dress?? That just screams "let's pop open the bubbly and celebrate a great time!"

    Love your style and this blog of yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete