Image Map

Friday, December 27, 2013

My break so far...

Oh, the life of a teacher.  We work our tails off day in and day out, take home multitudes of work to do in the evenings, and spend our weekends working on lesson plans or contemplating the best ways to help our struggling kiddos.  And then along comes winter break... a chance to refresh for the next semester, spend time with loved ones, and check a few items off of the never-ending to-do list.  Here's what's been going on so far in my world:

Lucy, Rosie and I have been having WAY too much fun sleeping in.  10 o'clock has become the new 6 A.M. 6:15 6:30 6:45 A.M. in our house, and we are all pretty thrilled!



 

Last weekend started off with a marathon of "holiday attire" gatherings and parties.  We even had a day at school for all of us teachers to wear our best Christmas gear.  For one gathering, I paired a "stylish" denim Christmas shirt with a "fashionable" salt dough Santa necklace my mom made, and velvet Christmas tree flats.  I love that this silly outfit was actually totally cool at one point in time!  



I spent my Monday running around town to get last minute Christmas presents, and then made a wrapping station out of our living room in order to get them all ready for Christmas Eve.  I loved this cute reindeer paper and pink ribbon I picked up from Target this year!



During our first year of marriage, Logan and I felt the need to start our OWN Christmas tradition, so we planned a nice dinner out, followed by Christmas light viewing around town.  We've done this every year since, and really look forward to our fun "Christmas date night."  Monday night was the perfect reward for all of my last minute errand running earlier that day.  Logan even surprised me with a beautiful JCrew peacoat trench for my Christmas gift.  I'll have to show it off to you sometime soon!



Rosie and Lucy also opened their gifts that night.  Rosie is modeling her new "reindog" outfit here.  


We traveled to Lincoln on Christmas Eve for church, soup and presents with Logan's family and then to my hometown late that night to celebrate Christmas Day with my family.  

I paired my leopard print LOFT sweater with a black pencil skirt, polka dot tights, tan riding boots, and a sparkly statement necklace for church on Christmas Eve.

 
I loved spending time with family!  I'm wearing a comfy dress and slate blue leggings from LOFT's new Lou and Grey collection, with a JCrew Factory necklace.

My mom is so talented!  How cute are these canvases she painted for Christmas gifts?

 My little sis got a letter jacket for one of her gifts, which then inspired a family photo shoot!  I think this is my favorite picture from break so far!

And today it was back to the gym to attempt to work off all of the Christmas cookies I've enjoyed over the last few days.  



Merry Christmas to you and your families!  I hope you enjoyed your time with loved ones, and spent some time thanking God for sending us a Savior.  We are so blessed to be His!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. My Christmas break has looked exactly the same! Hope the rest of yoru break is great too!

    ReplyDelete