Image Map

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Twenty-Something Teacher

 I'm so excited to introduce you to Chelsea from The Twenty-Something Teacher' blog today.  She has some super cute  outfit ideas perfect for teachers to share with you!  Thanks for being my guest today, Chelsea! :)
******************************************************
Hey lovelies! My name is Chelsea and I blog over at The Twenty-Something Teacher! Jenna was ever-so-sweet in letting me feature her as a Featured Teacher on my blog, and when she asked if I would guest post on hers, I just couldn’t say no! Make sure you go see the wonderful post she wrote here.

When I was trying to decide what to write for this post, I kept coming back to the idea that as teachers we need to be versatile and fashionable all at the same time. I’m not sure about you guys, but by the time I get home from a long day of teaching 92 6th graders, basketball practice, and 2 different 45 minute drives, the last thing I want to do is rummage through my closet to try to put together an outfit wear on a date with my husband or a girls night out. That is why it is so important to me to buy pieces that can be easily transitioned from day time to evening! {This also saves me a bunch of money!}

Here are several looks I’ve put together to style some key pieces in different ways. 




I’m not sure about your school, but mine allows the teachers to wear colored skinnies to work as long as they’re not denim during the week. This is a HUGE blessing. I am totally fine with wearing skirts and dresses, but some days I just feel like being a little bit more casual. Here, I have created a day time look with skinnies, a chambray top, riding boots, and a little bit of leopard in the scarf. I also created an evening look for a night out on the town by swapping the boots out for heels and the chambray out for a red leather jacket.

Blazers have become a staple in my closet. I love how easily they transition and they instantly make a causal outfit look a bit more polished. Here I have created a professional look by layering a black blazer over a red dress and adding a pair of heels. I created a more casual look using the same black blazer by adding a cute top, skinny jeans, and some flats. If you haven’t noticed, I LOVE leopard print!

I have so many striped tees it’s hard to count. I like the fact that it adds a bit of color rather than just a plain t-shirt. Here are two outfits that I regularly wear. First, I threw together a striped tee, a comfy skirt, and a pair of flats for work. Then, I paired the same striped tee with some distressed denim and Toms for the perfect outfit to run around doing errands in. 

Again, I can’t thank Jenna enough for being such a gracious host and for always inspiring me to treat my classroom as a runway!

Feel free to visit my blog here, follow me on Twitter, or follow me on Instagram!

3 comments:

  1. I'm having the same issue as Stacey. None of the pictures in this post show up, no matter what browser I use (IE, Firefox, Chrome). Not working on the mobile or desktop version. Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacey and Annie! I'll work at correcting the issue!

    ReplyDelete