Image Map

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Liebster Award

 
Thrilled. Elated. On top of the moon. Ecstatic. Joyful....you get the point!  Just attempting to describe how I feel about receiving a nomination for the Liebster Award from the fabulous Megan of the 'Being Mrs. Fowler'  blog.  Technically, I've been nominated before, so I'm not sure if I'm eligible again, but I'm obviously too excited to say no!  Plus, I know it's always fun for me to get to know the ladies behind the blogs I read, so I wanted to share more about me with you!  Here are the questions she sent:
1. What is your Holy Grail product?  
I'm not really a product or make-up junkie, but some of my faves would have to be my Redken ColorExtend shampoo and conditioner, drugstore Jergens natural glow moisturizer, and Cover Girl "lash blast" mascara.

2. What can always be found in your handbag? 
My husband is an accountant and saves EVERY receipt, so I usually have a wad of them floating around in my purse to give to him.  I also usually have a bottle of water and granola bar in my purse since I'm always 'on-the-go.'

3. What is your favorite designer and why?  
Definitely Kate Spade.  The classic, fun prints and colors are the perfect match for my girly style.

4. Why did you decide to start blogging?  
Two of my biggest passions are teaching and fashion.  I love my teaching job and feel like I'm living out my dream daily, but wanted to find a way to live out my "passion for fashion," too.  I also really enjoy writing, and a blog seemed like the perfect way to express myself!

5. What is your absolute favorite food?  
Oh my goodness, I love to eat anything and everything.  There are only about 3 foods I've ever found that I don't like.  I think I'd have to go with cheese as my favorite, though.  I love cheese dip, cheese and wine, cheesecake, the list goes on and on.  And this is why I have to find time to work-out. :)

6. If you could do anything in the world what would you want to be?  
I'm already doing it!  I've always wanted to be a teacher, and truly do love my job.  It's definitely hard work and can be stressful at times, but I think it's much easier to get through those challenges at work when you're doing something you're passionate about.  I do think it would be cool to someday own my own clothing boutique, too. :)

7. What is your quick and easy makeup routine? 
I really don't wear a lot of make-up, but will always apply mascara and concealer when I'm in a hurry. 

8. What is one thing that you have to have everyday? 
A cup of coffee is always a must to get me through the morning.  I am NOT a morning person!  I really look forward to the two mornings a week I drive through Scooter's or Starbucks for a latte.

9. What is your favorite movie and why? 
Two of my favorites are Legally Blonde and Mean Girls.  I giggle the entire time I watch both.  I really like to relax and let my mind rest while I watch movies, so I'm all for the silly humor where I don't have to think a lot to be entertained.

10. If you could visit any place in the world, all expense paid, where would you go and what would you do?  
I've always wanted to go to Italy.  I would eat Italian food, drink wine, visit all the famous places and of course, shop.  I'd also have to make a stop in southern Spain, where I studied abroad in college.

11. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would adopt some orphans and help dogs in need of medical care.  I'd also pay for a trip to Disneyworld for everyone who wanted to come with me! :)

Enough about me.  Here are my 5 nominees and their 11 questions:

Glitter + Ruffles 

Learning in the Little Apple

A Healthy Portion of Fashion

Teaching & Living in Sweet Carolina

jcrewismyfavstore

Be sure to go check out their fabulous blogs!

Questions:

1. What is your favorite thing or feature about yourself?
  2. What are your favorite places to shop? 


3. Where would your dream wedding be?
  4.  Why did you start your blog?

5. What is your favorite blog (besides mine :)?
 6. Do you have a special talent?
 
7. What year of your life would you most like to re-live?
 
8. What's the number one most played song on your itunes?
 
9. What do you miss most about being a kid?
 
10. What chore do you hate the most?
 
11. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?  

A few rules to keep in mind once you've been nominated: Nominate a few new bloggers who are fairly new at blogging, less than 1,000 followers. Answer my 11 questions and post 11 more for your nominees to answer!

Thanks for stopping by!  If you haven't already, go check out Megan's blog here.  Have a GREAT weekend, fashionistas! :)

 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment