I am linking up with Doodle Bugs again for Five for Friday, and sharing 5 random things about my week! Enjoy! :)
1. Look what I found in my mailbox on Tuesday after school! Just what I needed to get me through this busy last week of school! Nothing better than a free drink, right? WRONG. Read on, coffee lovers...
Well, I had to use my coupon right away Wednesday morning on my White Mocha Blender (BEST. DRINK. EVER.) Imagine my delight when the barista hands me my drink and says she messed up and made a medium instead of a small. My day was made. It's the small things, people.
2. I love our 4th grade Teacher Assistants. Seriously the sweetest, most hard-working ladies ever. To say thank you for a great year, my super duper creative teaching partner made these cute little gifts containing Bath & Body works goodies and a corresponding note.
3. I called on my own right brain last night to whip up these goodies for my students with a tag that read "Have a 'sweet' summer!" I also wrapped up a Scooters gift card for each of my amazing parent volunteers with a "Thanks a latte" tag. I am seriously blessed with awesome kids and parents.
4. I can't do a Five for Friday post without Miss Lucy. As the hubby and puppy were heading out for her morning "duty" on Thursday, I just couldn't get enough of this cute face and had to snap a picture. I can't wait to cuddle with this girl all summer long!
5. As I reflect on another great school year, I am overwhelmed by God's greatness. Not only do I have a job I love, He gives me the opportunity to make a difference in 19 little lives each and every day. I found this verse on Pinterest from GWhizTeacher and it really hit home after saying good-bye to my kiddos today. A great reminder of the purpose behind what I do each day. (Download the graphic here.)
Have a wonderful week, fashionistas! Summer is HERE! :)
Wow - you are SO sweet to bake for each of your students! Love your parent gifts! Happy Summer to you!ReplyDelete
Lucky to Be in First
I have never heard of Scooters, but your drink sounds great! I love the verse you posted!! Great words to live by.ReplyDelete
Conversations in Literacy
I don't think we have Scooters around here, but you lucked out!ReplyDelete
Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Love your verse. Happy summer!! :)ReplyDelete
Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten
Two of my loves...school and style. So happy to have found your blog.ReplyDelete
School Is a Happy Place
Your gifts are the cutest! You are so lucky to have such great people and they are lucky to have you! :)ReplyDelete
Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten
Thank you so much for the verse! I already printed it out! Love the pic of your dog! So cute!ReplyDelete
The Bilingual Teacher
Yummy! I'd love to have the recipe for those cookies. They look delicious!ReplyDelete
Elementary School Garden
Yay for a free coffee. . . And a medium to boot :) Have a great summer!ReplyDelete
The Cozy Classroom
I love all of your gift/tag ideas! Very clever!! Thanks for the reminder verse...it is a good one to keep perspective!ReplyDelete
Ms. Shope's Class
Hi Jenna. I found your blog through the Five for Friday linky. I love the combination of education & fashion. Can't wait to see more of your ideas about both. I'm your newest follower.ReplyDelete
Jenna, your blog is awesome! Love it! So glad you linked up for the 5 for Friday! Your parent gifts are just what I am doing too! But your little saying is so much better! I am stealing that if you don't mind!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing and I am excited to be a new follower!
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
Love the Bath & Body "Hands Down" gift idea! I will remember that for next year... Just found your blog through Five for Friday and am a new follower! Miss Lucy is adorable!! Woof!ReplyDelete
Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers
I love that verse. I also gave my volunteers a "Thanks A Latte" gift but I had to go with Starbucks since I don't have a Scooters on my side. I am your newest follower.ReplyDelete
First Grade A to Z
Thanks for sharing the verse from GWizTeacher's blog.ReplyDelete