I am linking up with Doodle Bug's Teaching for "Five for Friday," so I can share five random things about my week with you! You are in for a special treat because today's "Five for Friday" includes a giveaway! Don't we all love Fridays and free stuff? I can just tell today is going to be FABULOUS!
1. I was thrilled to find my pageview count had reached 10,000 last week when I logged into Blogger. I have the most fabulous followers! You have made this little blog idea of mine a reality and I can't wait to see what the future holds for The Fashionista Teacher blog! Thanks for the love!
2. This neon pink skirt from JCrew Factory is perfect for summer parties and showers and could easily be updated for fall for the classroom! I wore mine to church on Sunday with some fun neon and gold accessories and my favorite denim jacket. Find the links to my pieces in Monday's post.
3. Those of you who have been following me for awhile now know I love me a good coffee drink. After my Monday morning workout, I made a stop at Starbucks and tried the new Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappacino, and I have to tell you: It is to die for! I. Am. Obsessed. Logan had the day off today, so being the fabulous hubby he is, drove me through again this morning and ordered a 'Carbon Ribbon Crunch Cappacino.' Not the same thing, honey. Fortunately, I lept across the passenger seat to the rescue. Good thing I didn't marry him for his coffee ordering skills. But it's the thought that counts, right?
Anyway, back to my Monday morning. After slurping down the most amazing drink ever created, I was on a mission to find some decor for our home office, #1 on my summer project list. I found some cool stuff at Target, but had even more success at Hobby Lobby. I did get a bit distracted however by the little girls aisle. Just look at this adorable owl stuff! (In case you didn't know, my classroom is owl themed) I will definitely be adding Hobby Lobby to my back to school shopping trip list!
4. We have lived in Elkhorn/Omaha for a year now and haven't even come close to running out of things to do! One fun event that Omaha hosts every summer is the College World Series. It truly is the place to be in the summer for Nebraskans, but neither Logan nor I had ever been! My BFF Amanda hooked us up with tickets for Game 1 of the finals on Monday night in the club level and it was quite the royal treatment! Elevator rides to our seats, a personal waitress, an indoor lounge and these cool lanyards were just a few of the perks we enjoyed! I had so much fun hanging out with these lovely ladies and our boys. Logan pointed out my lack of actual baseball game watching about halfway through the game...I was having too much fun catching up with my girlfriends to pay attention to baseball! :)
5. Remember my June Pin-Spired post? I met my new blogging friend Nikki from More for Four through this fun link-up! In addition to being a blogger, Nikki is also a Rodan + Fields consultant and asked if I would be willing to try the mini-facial, and host a giveaway for my followers! Never a girl to pass up free stuff, I tried the mini-facial and it truly is fabulous, so I wanted to help her get the word out about it! The mini-facial includes the Micro-dermabrasion paste (oil free, evens skin tone and smooths texture), Night remewing serum (improves skin texture and firmness and was even one of Oprah's Favorite Things!) and lip renewing serum (helps lips retain moisture to give you softer and plumper looking lips!). My face felt so soft immediately after using the Micro-Dermabrasion paste, and I woke up the next morning (after using the night and lip serums) feeling like a new woman! :) My skin already looked brighter and felt healthier.
If you're interested in getting your hands on the products that are a part of the mini-facial, e-mail Nikki at email@example.com. The first 10 people to email and let her know you found R+F through Fashionista Teacher will get free enrollment into the PC Perks Program (10% off product purchases and FREE shipping on all purchases over $80). You can also refer a PC Perks customer and receive a free mini facial! Additionally, she would love to talk with you about partnering with Rodan + Fields if you're interested (a great part-time opportunity for teachers!)
Now for the giveaway... Nikki is giving away not one, not two, but THREE mini-facials! To enter the giveaway, click here and comment on the product you would most like to try or use the Solution Tool and comment on your recommended regimen. The winners will be announced next Friday!
Whew...lots to post about this week! I am now on Blog Lovin', as well as Facebook and Pinterest. Be sure to check out yesterday's adorable classroom freebie here! Have a fantastic weekend, fashionistas! Thanks for stopping by!