Image Map

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Back to School Fashion Week Day 4

Hello there, fashionistas!  I hope you're having a great week!  Mine has been VERY productive, as I have found time to work in my classroom before officially reporting back next week, AND I have my whole first week of outfits planned thanks to Back to School Fashion Week!  I'm so excited to share my full week of looks with you today, as well as a tip for organizing your back to school outfits.

  
  




You may recognize a few of the looks, since Tuesday's outfit was featured here, and Thursday's here.  On Fridays, teachers at my school can wear jeans with our school t-shirts and sweatshirts, which is why my Friday look is so casual.  I try to give my feet a break and wear tennis shoes or Toms on Fridays.  I just ordered this cute pair of polka dot Toms and they just came in the mail today!  Our school colors are red and navy, so they will be PERFECT with my school gear on Fridays.  Find theme here.

This will most likely not come as a surprise to those who know me well, but I am NOT a morning person.  I sleep through two alarms to the last possible minute, and my brain just does not function well in the mornings.  I can generally manage to put some sort of outfit together for school, but always do much better on weekends and week nights, or any time I'm able to get ready past 9AM.  So, I've had to come up with some sort of strategy to help me function in the early mornings.  When I'm going through my closet putting clothes away and a cute outfit idea suddenly comes to mind, I immediately hang all parts of the outfit up together in a designated section of my closet.  I do the same thing for outfits worn for blog posts or out to dinner with friends, that would also work for school.   That way instead of walking into my closet and staring around like a zombie woman in the morning, I can just reach for an outfit that's already put together.

   
My first week of outfits is already ready to go, plus a few more to getme through the next few weeks I hope this strategy works as well for you as it does for me, unless you all LOVE to wake up at the crack of dawn.  I secretly hate those people.  (Just kidding, my husband is one of them) 

If you missed out on the first three days of Fashion Week, check out those posts here, here and here.  I'll be back tomorrow with a full shopping guide from all of this week's looks that are still available in stores.  Use #B2SFashionWeek to link up your outfits on Instagram, or link up blog posts using the link-up tool below.  See you tomorrow!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I am a total morning person (I like waking up at 5 AM during the school year!), but I still like to plan my outfits ahead of time so that I don't waste precious minutes in the morning. I think that tip is awesome for anyone!

    Loved seeing your first week outfits!!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a morning person, but absolutely must pick out my clothes for the week. It saves me so much time & less stress in the morning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Where is the pleated skirt from? The orange-y one.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete