Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back to School Fashion Week Day 2

I can't believe I go back to school TOMORROW...this summer has gone speedy quick!  I hope you enjoyed the first day of Back to School Fashion Week.  I'm so glad you're back for Day 2!   
Before I get started, can we just take a moment to take in the cuteness of this button?!?  Molly 2 made it for me and I am just so grateful that she was willing to share her techy artisticness with all of us!  Thanks, Molly!

Okay, now it's time to get super excited for...
 Today's outfit inspiration!

 You may remember my LOFT lace skirt from this post.
Well, this particular one is no longer available, but I would highly suggest investing in one for yourself.  I have worn it too many times to count, and it can be paired with almost anything!  Find a similar skirt here.

The Banana Republic navy shell has also become a wardrobe staple.  It can be paired with skirts, shorts or pants and is very classic and comfy.  Find a similar one here.

If you're wearing an interesting piece on the bottom, I would suggest a simpler piece on top, and vice versa.

Polish off your back to school outfit with a denim jacket (similar here) and this crystal bib necklace from LOFT.

Back to School Shopping Tip of the Day:

Don't be afraid of store credit cards, especially if you shop at the store often.  I have two: LOFT/Ann Taylor and Target, because I can really take advantage of the rewards they offer since I shop at both stores often.  At LOFT, I earn rewards points that add up to be in-store "rewards cards" (basically cash!) and at Target I get 5% off every purchase AND free shipping online.   I wouldn't suggest opening more than three (but depends on your ability to track multiple cards), and would ALWAYS recommend paying them off right away!  Wait until you have an extra big purchase to open one, because you usually save 10-20% on the first purchase, depending on the card.

***************************************************

 This week is just so much fun for me!  Planning cute outfits for fall makes going back to school a LITTLE easier. :) 

Remember to link up your back to school style by grabbing the image from the top, and linking your post back to my blog.  I would love to give you a shout out in return...Be sure to comment and let me know you are linking up!  You don't have to be a teacher to participate...I think EVERYONE loves to do some back to school shopping! 
 
Before heading out, be sure to check out Katie's Back to School fashion over at her blog, Paladino Picks.  She is a former teacher and a super stylish mama!  Thanks for linking up, Katie!

Can't wait to see you all right back here tomorrow for Day 3!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Another fabulous look today!! I can't believe you go back to school tomorrow!! Oh how I love the first day of school:) I am sending you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils via this comment:) Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I might just have to start documenting my outfits when students start next week--might hold me accountable. Haha! Keep the inspiration coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your BTS outfit! I start tomorrow too, but I am so snowed! I wanted to say a quick thanks for my gift exchange package. I love it! You should have yours any day now! I will catch up with my blog posts this weekend. Thanks again!
    Teresa
    Confessions of a Teaching Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    kilgour.com

    ReplyDelete