Whew! It's been a busy week! But....Only 8 1/2 student days to go!!!!! Woooooo! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching again this week for "Five for Friday," where each blogger gets to share five things about their week! I just had to join the party again since I had so much fun last week! Enjoy :)
1. I started my weekend off with a trip to Columbus for the little sista's dance recital. It's always a fun weekend! She wanted me to do her hair for the recital which is always a creative challenge for me, because it allows me to use my artistic side, but she has the thickest hair I have ever seen! Her 'do is in the second row of pics. I also had to snap some photos of her friend Alisha's hair, for future hair inspiration! So cute, right? If you're in need of hair ideas for wedding season, check out my Hair DOs Pinterest board.
It was SUPER cold on Saturday! Thank goodness for my go-to spring staple, my JCrew Factory denim jacket. I paired it with my coral denim pants (no longer available), and LOFT striped tee. My Pave link bracelet and my leopard Sperry flats completed the cold weather ensemble!
E danced AMAZING and I got to see some good friends at the recital, too! What a fun weekend!
2. Our favorite neighbors stopped over on Sunday night! Miss Gracie LOVES to play with Lucy!
3. We had our fourth grade wax museum on Tuesday. The students each chose a famous figure (with teacher guidelines) to research. They wrote and memorized a speech in first-person, and dressed up as their figure. Most students had a poster or prop (or both) to go along with their presentation. The fugure would come to life when their "button" (taped to the floor) was pressed by a family member or friend. They really did an awesome job and the parents loved it!
4. Tuesday also happened to be Teacher Appreciation Night at Chipotle! I already love Chipotle and now I love it even more thanks to a free burrito to go along with my chips and guac.
The guy at the counter spent a good 10 seconds analyzing my teacher ID. I did stop in after my workout, so maybe I just look REALLY different with sweaty hair. But seriously Chipotle man, who would go to the trouble to bring in a fake teacher ID for a free burrito?
5. My students had a great time making Mothers' Day cards this week, created by a third grade teacher at my school. Their drawings of their mothers were so realistic! :) Check out her Teachers Pay Teachers store here. If you missed my Mothers' Day post this week, find it here.
Have a wonderful week! Check back soon!