Image Map

Thursday, August 22, 2013

O.W.L. Folders

When I moved up to fourth grade after teaching second grade for two years, I knew I had to find a way to keep my students (and myself) organized with homework.  Luckily, my teammates at the time already had a homework folder system in place.  Let me tell you, teachers, they are a LIFESAVER!  Parents really appreciate them, too!  One side is for work that goes home, like checked papers or in-class work, and the other side is for homework or notes that need to come back to school.

This year I wanted my homework folders to fit in with my classroom owl theme, so I named them Organized Weekly Learning folders, or O.W.L. folders for short.  I also got creative with the stickers (and maybe did a little Pinterest searching) and loved the idea of calling the left side 'Left at Home' at the right side 'Right Back to School' to help the students remember what papers go on which side.  I also include important information like a grading scale and teacher contact information inside each folder for easy reference for the students.


               



You can purchase my cute O.W.L. folder covers here on my Teacher's Pay Teachers store.  There's a girl version and a boy version. :)

I used a glue stick to attach the cover to just a regular pocket folder, laminated them, and then used a box cutter to open the pockets.  I was surprised how well they held up last year!

 I have also used Nicky's folders in the past and highly recommend them!  They are very sturdy and have a clear front cover (like a binder) to put the cover in.

On another note, for those of you starting school this week or next, be sure to check out my Back to School Fashion Week posts for school year style inspiration.  
Also, check out Kim's cute look, and Katie's fall picks.  Thanks for linking up, ladies!  

I hope to see everybody again next week! :) Enjoy your weekend, fashionistas!


post signature

1 comment:


  1. I really enjoyed reading your post.
    Thanks for this post. It Very nice Blog.
    It was a very good Blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge.
    Ask you to share good Blog again.............
    Classification Folders

    Manila File folders

    Medical Record Dividers

    Healthcare Folders

    ReplyDelete