Image Map

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holly Jolly

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here!  Lights up, stockings are hung, Christmas cards ordered, and the temperature just dropped about 40 degrees since Monday.  
Today's post is a hodge-podge of  Christmas decorating and holiday wardrobe ideas to put you in the holly jolly spirit!  Enjoy :) 

1.  Well, we finally got around to taking our Christmas card pictures on Sunday.  The pups desperately needed haircuts, so Logan and I decided to take some pics with just the two of us, and use older, scruff-free pictures of Lucy and Rosie to add to our Christmas card collage of photos.  I promise to show off the Christmas card to you in the next couple weeks, but wanted to share some links to the outfit I wore for the photo.  After all, the outfit IS the most important part of any picture!

 Find the dress, cardigan, and grey boots socks here, here, and here (similar) from LOFT.  The dress can easily transition from Christmas party fancy with polka dot tights and red heels, to a more casual look with leggings and boots for the classroom.  A GREAT investment!  Are you reading this, Logan? :) 

2.  I am so proud of my mantle this year!  I always find a few more knick-knacks on sale after Christmas and then have so much fun opening up my Christmas decoration tubs to find my new "surprises" 11 months later.

I tried to find the link to my "Joy to the World" printable to share with you, but I think I found some even cuter printables for YOUR mantle!  Add a fun frame from Target and you're set!  Find free Christmas printables here and here


3. I don't think it's humanly possible to love Christmas cards as much as I do.  I let out a little squeal each time a card arrives in the mail, and I love seeing all of our loved ones' cards so much, I leave them up all year.  Yes, ALL year.  Like, I still haven't taken last year's down and it's December 4th.

Here's a fun and easy way to display your cards that I found somewhere on Pinterestland when Logan and I lived in our apartment after we were first married and had NO space for anything!  Tape a fun piece of ribbon to the insides of your cabinets, clip your cards on with little clothespins (found in the craft section of Wal-Mart), and voila, you've got yourself a cute Christmas card display.  Our cards usually take over our entire kitchen, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :) 


There you have it!  Have yourself a merry little Christmas, but I better see you back here before then!  And, keep those holiday fashion Q & A questions coming! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Adore the gray socks with that outfit! You pull off the sweater + tights + boots combination perfection. Bravo! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenna,

    I'm doing the cards & ribbon in my kitchen. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete