Image Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

January Pin-Spired

Hip, hip hooray for January!  Ughhh....Just kidding.  January is my least favorite month.  Christmas decorations have to come down, it's bitter cold outside (I live in Nebraska!), and spring just seems so far off.  So, I was REALLY looking forward to this month's Pin-Spired link-up to put together some fun outfits to wear throughout the month, especially on the days when I'm really feeling the January blahs.  Get ready for some serious Pinterest style inspiration, ladies!


Look #1:

I love it when I see a pin and think, "I have most of those pieces and have never though to pair them together in that way."  This gal looks so cute and stylish, but the look appears totally effortless.  I knew I had to try this look right away. 
   

I started out with my distressed jeans, but then realized my orange jeans would help to tie the colors in the necklace with the rest of the outfit, like the girl's teal clutch does in the pin.  This outfit could very easily be worn in fall or spring with a pair of Toms or ballet flats, but to help "winterize" it, I added a pair of tan, leather booties, and threw on some cute bracelets to help complete the outfit.


Look #2:

A decent supply of scarves are a MUST for facing Nebraska winters in style, so I'm always inspired by new, cute ways to tie them.  I saw this pin and couldn't wait to try it!  I took a red scarf that has been sitting in my closet for at least five years, and paired it with the same JCrew Factory button down from Look #1.  

 

I knew that mixing in the leopard belt was definitely a fashion risk, but I love how the color in the belt ties my brown riding boots to the rest of the ensemble.  And how cute is this bracelet?  It was a Christmas present from my stylish mom, and I'm pretty sure she got it from Jane.com, my favorite site for great deals on accessories!


Look #3:

For those of you who have been around this blog for awhile, you know I'm a little obsessed with anything leopard print.  I believe it's a classic neutral, and should be considered a wardrobe staple.  Are you "ooohing" and "ahhing" over these two pins as much as I am?  The mix of red, leopard and lace are most definitely a treat for the eye.


This is what I came up with:



I think the gold chain necklace balances out the girliness of the white lace top, and complements the gold sparkle in my leopard flats perfectly!  This outfit could so easily be worn to work this spring, and if I swapped out the shoes for my tan booties or riding boots, I'll be all set for the cold and snow!

****************************************************************************

I had so much fun showing off my cute Pinterest inspired outfits to you today!  Leave a comment below to let me know which of the three looks today is your favorite!  The lesson I'd like you take away is to use Pinterest for more than just recipes and classroom ideas...it's a great tool for outfit styling!  Just do a search for the piece you already have that you are wanting ideas for, and you'll instantly have some fabulous inspiration!

Have a great weekend, fashionistas!  Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Blog Lovin'.

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Look #3 is my fave! I think it's mainly becauseI have similar pieces in my closet and could pull it together right now. I like how you took the pinspiration and made it a little more casual as well!
    Happy January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love leopard too! Great outfits!! Glad I stumbled onto your blog (via pinteresttoldmeto).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sharon! So glad you found me! :)

      Delete
  3. Love that second look. I'm a teacher blogger too. I'm from Indiana, so I feel your pain about the cold. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from PTMT! Love all of your outfits, but #3 is my favorite. I'm also a big fan of leopard and red! AND Jane is great for cheap accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your flats!

    Visit my blog and enter to win a bracelet from Urban Peach Boutique!

    xoxo
    Heather
    http://kaizenfashionproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete