Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It (My 2014-2015 Teacher Planner) & Currently

Happy Monday, fashionistas!  I hope you had as GREAT of a weekend as mine!  I can't wait to share some highlights with you today!  I'm also linking up with two bloggers on this lovely Monday: 4th Grade Frolics for "Monday Made-It" and Oh Boy 4th Grade for "August Currently."  It's going to be a fun-filled post!

First up, Monday Made It ...

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/08/monday-made-it-so-much-to-share.html 

Last summer, after months of debating which teacher planner would be the best fit for me, I finally decided to go with one of Modern Teacher's printable planners.  I had it printed and spiral bound at Office Depot last year and it worked GREAT until I decided about 1/2 way through the year that I would rather type up my lesson plans each week.  There was a template included to do this, but I couldn't add the plans very easily to my spiral bound planner.  So this year, I needed a different solution.  I did love that my planner had a digital template for typing plans, plus my planner was automatically updated for this year without having to purchase a new one.  Thanks, Modern Teacher!  I found a cute (and very durable) Martha Stewart binder from Staples that I can keep my planner pages in, and add my digital plans to each week after I print them out.  I'm hoping this will be the PERFECT solution!


 
I love that the planner includes pages for birthdays and anniversaries, to-do lists, note-taking pages and a gradebook (not pictured).  I also wanted to show you a pic of my Papermate Flair pens with my planner since I love using them SOOOO much with my calendar and for grading.



  Find the planner here, and binder here.  I always look for Office Depot coupons, and ended up printing the planner pages for around $10-15.  I saved on cost this year without printing my actual planner pages, since I'll be printing the digital plans each week at school.

Now for my August "Currently"...


Check out many other teacher bloggers' "Currentlys" here.  Thanks to Farley for hosting this fun link-up!

And now for a few weekend highlights:

I posted both of these outfits on Instagram over the weekend.  The first look was perfect for a Saturday morning Farmer's Market date with the hubby, and the second for a little back to school shopping and errands yesterday afternoon.  Find the lace tank from Saturday's outfit here, currently 50% off.

 

 This cute girl was spoiled with extra attention this weekend since I know Tuesday will come too fast!  Her sweet face will make going back to school so difficult!
  

Logan and I wrapped up the perfect weekend with a perfect summer dinner on the patio last night. 


Thanks for reading to the end!  If you missed last week's Back to School Fashion week posts, check them out here:
Day 5

Also wanted to mentioned that everything in my TPT store is 20% today and tomorrow only!  Click the image below to check out my products! 
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Fashionista-Teacher
I'm hoping to be back later on this week for an Open House recap, and a classroom tour is also in the works!  Hope to see you soon!  Have a FABULOUS week!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a cute puppy - it must be so hard to tear yourself away and get back to school - I know how my cats all love it when I am around the house all day long and available to feed and fuss them whenever they so desire. Loving your new outfit and your planner looks fabulous - unfortunately standard issue at my school is just very plain and boring and has to be exactly the same as everyone else (I think that's why I have so many decorated notebooks and organisers at home to compensate!!) Have a super first day back tomorrow and all the best :-) Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! I hear you on waking up early... I have to get up a little after 5:00 during the school year, so I better start setting my alarm a little earlier each day to prepare. I shopped the Loft sale this morning and found some good stuff! The 60% off sale was calling my name.... I always need a *new* First Day of School outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same. This year I decided to go with a notebook planner so I can add my plans to it.

    ReplyDelete